Procurement and commercial advice for the delivery of Leeds Arena
Cushman & Wakefield was commissioned as part of a multidisciplinary team with PMP and Arup to develop and implement an OJEU competition to deliver a world class 12,500 seat arena operator for Leeds. The client requested:
- Advice on property and commercial matters concerning the procurement of a new arena of Leeds.
- Site identification and appraisal
- Commercial advice to support the business case
The project involved two Competitive Dialogue competitions; one to select an operator for the new arena and one to select a developer and site for the new facility. The latter competition did not result in a solution that met LCC’s value for money criteria and the decision was subsequently made to procure the new arena on a capital-build basis.
Cushman & Wakefield helped the Council identify a delivery vehicle for the new arena based on a publicly funded model once it became clear that the market-led approach was unaffordable as a result of the credit crunch.
- Developed and managed OJEU competition
- SMG selected as preferred Operator
- Commercial advice provided to support business case
- Site identification for the arena – Claypit Lane.