Quintain has appointed three of the UK’s top office agents to transform Wembley Park, its 85 acre North-West London mixed-use regeneration project, into a lively new office destination.
- Cushman & Wakefield, Dowley Turner and Savills appointed to lease up over 630,000 sq ft of office space
- Appointments demonstrate confidence in Wembley Park as office destination
- Meanwhile Wembley Park takes major step forward to becoming London’s most exciting mixed-use development
Cushman & Wakefield, Dowley Turner Real Estate and Savills have been selected for the lease up and marketing of over 630,000 sq ft of Grade A office space at Wembley Park, of which phase 1 is now under construction.
Quintain’s ambition to create a new office destination, to complement its existing retail and residential development, comes less than a year after the company announced Wembley Park has become the UK’s largest build to rent development.
The move into commercial real estate further accelerates the placemaking activity at Wembley Park which has been recently boosted by the news that Boxpark Wembley will open on site in late 2018. Tenants at Wembley Park are attracted by its great transport connections, just 12 minutes from Central London and served by three tube lines, two rail lines, the night tube and close to 3000 parking spaces, plus market-leading broadband speeds across the estate.
Quintain has outline planning consent for approximately 650,000 sq ft of Grade A office space across four buildings. The company started construction on the first new office building on Wembley Park Boulevard in January 2017 after securing a 59,000 pre-let for 50% of space in WP2 from leading housing association, Network Homes. The four commercial buildings in the portfolio consist of:
Tenants will have access to a part of London which is rapidly emerging as a new retail, leisure, residential and cultural quarter which in the course of this year also announced the arrival of Second Floor Arts Studios and Boxpark as well as power brands, Vans and Converse both opening at LDO. With over 25% of the scheme being public realm, tenants will also be able to access fantastic green open spaces including a new seven acre park, a new London Square and a totally revamped Olympic Way.
- WP1 – 113,000 sq ft of office accommodation located on historic Olympic Way, (currently also enjoying rapid transformation) providing ten floors of space, a first floor garden terrace and four retail units at ground floor level.
- WP2 – 115,000 sq ft of office space adjacent to Wembley Stadium, already under construction and due to complete in 2019 with 59,000 sq ft already let by Network Homes. The building designed by award winning architects, Cartwright Pickard, will be home to a 100 space cycle hub and five retail units on Wembley Park’s busiest retail street.
- WP3 – the largest office building with 260,000 sq ft of space with an expansive office reception and five retail units on the ground floor. This nine storey building, directly opposite London Designer Outlet, will have a roof terrace providing direct views of Wembley Stadium.
- WP4 – 145,000 sq ft of space over eight floors located on Wembley Park Boulevard with a seventh floor roof terrace and ground floor retail units.
Jason Margrave, Executive Director of Development at Quintain, commented:
“After successfully launching our apartment rental business, Tipi, and completing over 1,300 homes with 3,000 more under construction this year, the appointment of these agents has come at an exciting time for Quintain and Wembley Park. Achieving the 59,000 sq ft pre let to Network Homes in our first new office building has crystallised the focus on Wembley Park as a place to work.
Wembley Park has been transformed over the last decade into one of London’s most vibrant mixed-use developments with 5,500 people already working on site making the most of the excellent transport links and ultra-fast broadband provision.
With a fantastic mix of green spaces, shops, restaurants, bars, fitness and entertainment alongside a crèche, planned new school and GP surgery, the Wembley Park offer is extremely appealing to occupiers and their staff. We look forward to announcing the new tenants that will be proud to call Wembley Park home.”
Charles Dady, International Partner at Cushman & Wakefield, said:
“Wembley Park is Greater London’s most exciting new destination with unrivalled connectivity and amenities. With best in class offices now under construction, it is a truly mixed use destination which we are proud to be involved with.”