We provide cost consultancy services at pre-contract and post-contract stages to ensure awareness, accuracy and value for money in relation to construction costs.
The Cost Consultancy team work with landlords, tenants, developers and investors to drive financial efficiency throughout the life cycle of construction projects and identify possible risks early on to then mitigate accordingly. We provide advice at every stage of a project that is mindful of both cost and quality. The team operate in a proactive manner and conduct ourselves through the eyes of our client - aligning project costs to business objectives and targets.
How we can help
Our services include:
- Feasibility cost advice
- Outline feasibility estimates
- Cost planning
- Procurement advice
- Initial contractor selection
- Contract procurement
- Contractor appointment
- Contract documents
- Post-contract cost management
- Design change cost advice
- Out-turn cost reporting
- Final account agreement
- Employer’s Agent
- Independent cost audits
- Dilapidation cost advice
- Reinstatement cost assessments
- Initial project audit reviews prior to project commencement
- Monitoring of the Development team during the pre-contract procurement stage
- Reporting on matters relating to cost and progress during construction stage
Contract/Legal related services
- Early advice in relation to Building Contract matters
- Claims advice and cost settlement
- Adjudication support
- Dispute resolution advice
- Initial contract advice in relation to matters of dispute under the contract prior to legal involvement
- Expert Witness on cost related matters
Adding value – The Advantages of our Approach
We deliver value through rigorous cost management and value engineering, adherence to project schedules, assurance of quality, risk mitigation, and economies of scale through leveraged procurement.
We offer a seamless and complete advisory service, involving our market-leading account management team as well as our research and corporate finance teams. This means our clients are the best-advised investors in the market.
Experience & Resources
For more than 50 years, C&W has provided expertise in all areas for several hundred million square feet of commercial office development, corporate headquarters, financial centres, high technology, hospitality, government, and educational facilities around the world. A significant strength is our programme management capability for portfolio-based project implementation.
Our professionals come from architectural firms, engineering companies and construction organisations and have an excellent understanding of those competencies that are invaluable in their role. Major corporations that have benefited from our service include Avon, Old Mutual, Fluor and Aviva to name a few. We are structured to address both dedicated and variable resource requirements.