Cushman & Wakefield advises 1 in 3 Local Authorities throughout the UK and is the lead advisor on the delivery of 55 town and city centre schemes totalling in excess of 10m sq ft.
We advise on all aspects of town and city centre development from inception through to delivery. For each project we are able to call upon in house market facing and technical specialists in all commercial and residential sectors, including market facing agency (occupier and funding), planning, CPO, valuation, project management and QS, valuation and lease regearing, along with class leading research. This expertise is harnessed to ensure the advice we provide is robust, fully cognisant of current and emerging trends, and delivery focussed. Key aspects of the advice we provide includes:
THE FUTURE HIGH STREETS FUND
Cushman & Wakefield supports local authorities throughout the Phase 2 bidding process for the Future High Streets Fund. Our specialist advice to support robust business cases and the successful delivery outcomes required for the Phase 2 bidding process includes the following:
- Market facing research - supply and demand assessments, current and emerging occupier, funder and developer market trends;
- Planning and masterplanning advice;
- Site assembly and property acquisition advice including CPO;
- Feasibility/viability modelling and Option appraisals;
- Public/private partnership structures and procurement;
- Direct development strategies;
- HM Treasury Green Book compliant Economic Appraisals and Business Cases;
- State Aid, Best consideration and other Statutory compliance;
- One Public Estate (recognising the role of public services and buildings in the high street);
- Business rates retention - modelling and funding.
We can also help unsuccessful bidders to develop and re-shape proposals to secure funding in the second round of applications.
Read our latest data led insight report on high street performance: UK Town Centres - What Next