The London Development team is specialised in taking overall responsibility for a development project whether a refurbishment, conversion, retained facade or knock down rebuild scheme. Working alongside our project management team we move forward projects from initial inception through to design development, planning, procurement, construction, delivery and end use occupation.
The team pride themselves as being the ‘go to, trusted adviser and manager’ and works alongside clients to deliver buildings according to an agreed development plan, budget, business drivers and objectives, and investment parameters including targeting profit and maximising returns whilst minimising risk.
The team is able to draw on its extensive expertise not only from its excellent track record where over 1 million sq ft is under direct development management but further across its advisory and market research disciplines to ensure any scheme is designed to meet ever changing sophisticated end user requirements and further delivered at a point in the market where optimum capital values. This success is underpinned by an ethos of fairness, transparency and collaboration. We work alongside a number of clients including institutions, owner occupiers, private net worth individuals, large institutions and overseas funds, propcos, and public sector stakeholders to provide an end to end development service including:
- Portfolio review, feasibility studies
- Site assembly/acquisition
- Review of legal title information, and any salient surveys including structural and soil.
- Compilation and management of development constraints to mitigate third party risk to title and / or dispute: including adjoining landowners, utilities, highways, rights of way / easements, daylight & sunlight / rights of light
- Preparation of the design brief, budget and project programme
- Preparation of scope of services
- Appointment of the design team
- Co-ordination of key stakeholder engagement from local authorities to statutory bodies including the Greater London Assembly and local interest groups
- Co-ordination of the professional team during design development to planning submission to consent
- Negotiate statutory settlements to deliver viable planning consents
Advice and management on the procurement strategy to secure an effective Building Contractor and / or sub Contractors
Procurement of warranties and professional indemnity insurances, quality insurance schemes, defects insurance and product guarantees
- Monitor fee accounts and payments, management of forecast construction costs including variations
- Management of duties regarding CDM Regulations
- Management of the construction and delivery phase including Extensions of Time
- Co ordination of marketing input during design development
- Source and secure an appropriate funding package, if required, and / or
co-ordinate the disposal of the completed asset at project end.