James is responsible for the coordination of the firm’s Office Agency & Brokerage activities in Europe, Middle East & Africa.
James’s specialism is in the London market, having led the firm’s London Markets group for 5 years.
James’s main client responsibilities include managing a number of key clients dealing with a cross-section of aspects relating to their London property holdings.
James is a Member of C&W’s UK Board.
James Young joined Cushman & Wakefield in 1990, having gained a BSc (Hons) in Estate Management from Oxford Polytechnic. He became a Partner in 1997, and an Equity Partner in 2003.
James spent 5 years in C&W’s Brussels office, running the Client Solutions team. This followed 8 years in the firm’s West End Office Agency team:
- James is responsible for key client Citi, having dealt with the disposal of approximately c.700,000 sq ft of space across 5 buildings in London including surplus accommodation in their Headquarters in Canary Wharf. This included the letting of 116,000 sq ft to Crossrail, one of the largest Canary Wharf lettings in the last few years.
- He is also advising Starwood Capital and Great Portland Estates on the repositioning of their recent acquisition at City Tower in the City of London.
- James’s City of London team have been appointed by J.P. Morgan to deal with the strategy and disposal of their legacy portfolio of buildings, following J.P. Morgan’s move to Canary Wharf in 2012.
- James is also responsible for key client Sainsbury’s, the major UK retailer. He has dealt with the strategy around the potential re-location of their headquarters, as well as other office transactions across the UK.
- James has an impressive track record of dealing with occupier acquisitions, including VTB Bank, Moody’s, Natixis, DTCC, Kaye Scholer, Paul Hastings and many others.
- In the past, James has won and run key account clients across Europe, including Coca-Cola, Nokia, Level 3 Communications, TeleCity and SWIFT.
Awards & Associations
BA (Hons) Estate Management
British Council for Offices